Nestled on 100ha estate snuggled into a secluded valley near Hazyview in Mpumalanga province 10km from the world famous Kruger National Park, Summerfields Rose Retreat comprises a Lodge, Spa, Restaurant & Deli set on Summerfields Rose Farm, famous for its export quality hybrid tea, roses, litchis and macadamia nuts.
Summerfields Rose Retreat is an exclusive lodge on the river, the ideal place to experience barefoot luxury. The Retreat comprises:
- Accommodation in luxuriously appointed, tented suites set beneath a canopy of Jackalberry and Tambotie trees, accessible by raised wooden walkways, each very private and enjoying its own space
- Beautiful gardens, boasting many of the Summerfields roses, and the macadamia and litchi orchards
- The Summerfields Spa, where you will find both indulgence and immediate healing in a variety of unique, signature treatments and facilities such as the rose quartz steam shower
- Excellent dining at the River Café, with vegetables from our organic gardens
- Our Organic Deli and Tea Room, with produce from our own gardens and from carefully selected producers
- A Wedding Venue second to none, where your special day can be held in sumptuous gardens or by the river
- Various activities, including our popular weekend parkrun
- And, of course, our roses!
Perhaps it’s a fusion of African sensibilities with the rose from which Summerfields Rose Retreat & Spa derives its intriguing charm. Or is it the bygone romance underscored by percale linen in a tented lodge suite? If not that then the fact that you may take a treatment in a spa pavilion set beside the river in which hippos bathe at dusk?
Along with gourmet dining, all of this defines Summerfields Rose Retreat as a most enchanting place to re-ignite your senses.
Several packages, including day visits and longer stays are available and our reservation team will gladly assist with flight bookings and transfers to and from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport. Within minutes of arrival at Summerfields you will be immersed into rejuvenation and your own experience of our barefoot luxury.
Our healthy pursuits include walks, a five kilometre jogging track, swimming, a popular cycling area and all within easy reach of the truly wonderful Kruger National Park and other popular venues namely, Pilgrims Rest, God’s Window, Sabie and lots more.
Within close proximity of Summerfields are all the adventurous ideas one might want to consider – from game drives to tree canopy aerial walkways - though you will be excused for simply wanting to spend all your time at Summerfields Rose Retreat, the only place to stop and smell the roses.
Please note that we only allow children aged 12 and over in the lodge, restaurant and spa.
Summerfields Rose Retreat & Spa
is a Trip Advisor Certificate of
This puts us in the top 10% of
all business on Trip Advisor worldwide!